This is a set of lessons to accompany Free and Treadwell's Reading-Literature: First Reader. The lesson guide contains a link to the free version in the public domain.
Designed to follow up the first set of lessons for Treadwell's Reading-Literature: Primer, this downloadable guide will help build your child's reading fluency. The 34 lessons contain Charlotte Mason's reading by sight approach, as well as modern phonics lessons. In this set, you'll
- Help your child develop reading fluency through weekly reading fluency practices, and reading aloud practice.
- Improve your child's recognition of common words through practice with eight strategically arranged word lists.
- Engage your child in word sorts that help him or her learn to differentiate different phonics patterns.
- Allow your child writing opportunities through keeping a Words I Know notebook.
- Use word cards to help your child build sentences and increase their word recognition.
- Teach phonics patterns through phonics rule cards that you can use over and over again.
- Customize your child's reading instruction with blank word cards.
This downloadable file is 39 pages long. I recommend printing it, hole-punching it, and putting it in a binder. There are word cards and/or phonics cards to print out each week, but otherwise the lessons are simple and involve minimal materials.
Reviews for Treadwell Reader Primer Lessons:
"I really appreciate how you made them all inclusive with both 'sight' and 'sound' lessons and specific phonics rules in various words throughout the stories. The Free and Treadwell Reading Lessons have been an excellent help for me in guiding my son through his reading lessons! I've also been able to use the phonics rules as reminders when he needs extra help with words that he just wants to try to sound out occasionally." Nancy
We are happy to announce our partnership with Four Pillars Printing Boutique!